Our regular polls provide an excellent, objective benchmark to understand which charities are effective in their campaigning. We find out what politicians in Cardiff, Edinburgh and at Stormont think of charities' campaigns and messages.
nfpSynergy already carries out tracking research into the attitudes and understanding of Westminster politicians through the Charity Parliamentary Monitor (CPM) and the Attitudes and Awareness Parliamentary Monitor (AAPM).
Given that Westminster no longer represents the breadth of political decision-making within the UK, we have also conducted an annual poll of Members of the Scottish Parliament and Members of the National Assembly for Wales since 2003. In 2007, we conducted our first survey of Members of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
On this page
The questionnaires are modeled on the surveys we conduct in Westminster to allow for some degree of comparison between results. Participating charities also have the opportunity to add particular charities and areas of work to the survey. (back to top)
Paper questionnaires are sent to all members of the devolved assemblies who are not ministers. We guarantee that 50 MSPs, 40 MLAs and 30 AMs respond to each survey. Details about every respondent’s political party, region, date of birth and gender are also recorded, enabling further analysis of results.
Survey of the Scottish Parliament - £1,800 (+VAT)
Survey of the Welsh Assembly - £1,550 (+ VAT)
Survey of the Northern Ireland Assembly - £1,550 (+ VAT)
If you participate in all 3 surveys, there is a £500 discount.
Participating charities will get:
- All data from the annual poll relating to all the organisations in the poll.
- Each participant will have their name on the list of named organisations on the questionnaire.
- Each participant can also have the name of an organisation of their choice added to the list for comparison purposes.
- Each participant will be able to nominate a campaign to be included in the questionnaire.
- A PowerPoint report with all data represented in chart form including commentary.
Please email our team at Celtic@nfpsynergy.net for more details, or call on 020 7426 8888 if you are interested in this research or would like to see some sample results.