Position title: Research Intern (2 positions)
Place of work: nfpSynergy London office, Spitalfields
Type: Temporary, for 9 months
Hours: Full-time (35 hours a week)
Remuneration: £15,000 p.a.
Start date: ASAP
The main role of an intern will be to provide support to the nfpSynergy team where needed, getting involved in a wide variety of our research work. You will support the research team on a range of tasks including administrative tasks such as data entry and filing, research related to specific projects and tasks related to business development, marketing and events. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a range of the research we conduct for a whole range of charities in the UK and further afield. As part of our team, interns will also assist colleagues with their work, from preparing client presentations, to proofreading reports and ensuring our library is kept in good order.
Who we're looking for:
This post would be ideally suited to a graduate who wants to gain knowledge and experience in market/social research and has an interest in the not-for-profit sector.
The post holder could have skills and experience in a variety of different areas. Some of the things we like to see in our staff:
Hard skills / previous experience:
- Previous research experience, whether qualitative or quantitative
- Experience of support/administration roles.
- An interest in, and preferably experience of, charities and not for profits.
- Special interest in data analysis.
- Strong numerical skills including experience using SPSS
- Experience of the public, private or voluntary sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and proactive, able to deal with periods of heavy workload, and stay motivated during quieter periods.
- Enthusiastic, personable and with a sense of humour.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team.
What nfpSynergy delivers to you:
- A varied and interesting role in Britain’s only research consultancy working exclusively in the not-for-profit sector, providing the chance to gain considerable insight into the sector.
- The chance to be an integral part of a small but thriving, dynamic company.
- 18 days paid holiday.
- During their time at nfpSynergy we will work with interns to polish their CVs and help them prepare for job interviews.
How to apply
- Send a cover letter and CV to Katherine Nicol at email@example.com stating why you’re right for this position and why you would like to work with us.
- Please submit your application as a single document with your full name as the document title. Please state where you saw this job advertised and also which post you are applying for.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Please note the deadline is 12pm, Tuesday 28th May 2013 and interviews will take place in the week commencing 3rd June 2013. We are looking for a candidate who can start as soon as possible.
The full job description is available for download on the right hand side of this page.
No agencies please.