A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device, which is like computer memory.
a) First and third-party cookies
Whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. cookies placed by our website domain).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
b) Persistent Cookies
These cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
c) Session Cookies
These cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
WHAT COOKIES DOES THIS WEBSITE USE?
a) 'Strictly Necessary' Cookies
These cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to the website and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on the website when we make any changes to the way the website works
If you prevent these cookies, we can't guarantee how the website or the security on the website will perform during your visit.
b) 'Performance' Cookies
These Cookies collect information about how you use the website, e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies may collect information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the website works, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the website is used
c) 'Functionality' Cookies
These cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use 'Functionality' cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colors
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Show you when you're logged in to the website
COOKIE NOTICE DISPLAY COOKIES
These cookies signify that you have responded to our website's cookie notification banner. If you remove this cookie, the notification will display again.
WHEN DO WE REQUIRE YOUR CONSENT?
Cookies require your consent. We request your consent before placing them on your device. You can give your consent by clicking on the appropriate button on the banner displayed to you. If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw your consent to any cookies at any time, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this.
Please note that disabling these cookies will affect the functionality of the website and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the website.
HOW TO DELETE AND BLOCK OUR COOKIES
NFPSYNERGY COOKIE LIST
1. _ga, _gat, _gid Distinguishes users and sessions. Persistent for one minute, one day and two years respectively.
3. autotrack...Used to measure metrics such as how far a user scrolls down a page for reporting to Google Analytics
4. IDE-. Doubleclick domain for Google Remarketing
5. SESS...Allows users to be logged in. Expires in four weeks.
Read an overview of privacy at google here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
CHANGING YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS.
The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
YOUR RIGHTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information, including you information rights and choices, please visit https://nfpsynergy.net/about/privacy-policy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or post: nfpSynergy, 2-6 Tenter Ground, London E1 7NH