HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Apply for a job to join our great team.
- Subscribe to our newsletters.
- Download our briefing packs.
- Contact us with an enquiry.
- Buy our products and services.
- Participate in our market research surveys and interviews.
From other sources:
- Publicly available information.
- Nominations from our clients.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT MAY INCLUDE:
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number.
- Sensitive personal data; We treat any sensitive personal data we process with great care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection regulations. Such information may include;
- Racial or ethnic origin of the data subject.
- Political opinion.
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature.
- Membership of a trade union.
- Physical health or mental health conditions.
- Sexual orientation and activity.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To comply with employment law and other statutory requirements.
- To enable us to supply goods and services and information to our clients, subscribers and research subjects.
- To keep you informed about our work. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions Section.
- To provide you with access to certain parts of our website.
- To predict what you might be interested in.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA.
We use the information you give us to respond to enquiries submitted or to provide products or services to clients, subscribers and research subjects.
We may also process your personal information for our legitimate business interests- that is, in order to facilitate the management of our business. This includes some or all of the following purposes:
- To enhance, modify, personalise or improve our services to the benefit of customers and prospective customers.
- To provide postal and/or email communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To better understand how individuals, interact with our website.
- To enhance the security of our information systems or identify and prevent fraud.
- To ensure that you participate in appropriate research.
Whenever we process data for these purposes, we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the information provided below.
Please bear in mind we may need to retain some, minimal information in order to respect your request to be excluded from processing. We may also have a legal obligation to do so.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information that nfpSynergy holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by nfpSynergy.
- To request that nfpSynergy stops using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) give you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions Section below for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies nfpSynergy uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
Email and text marketing: We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
Postal marketing: From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so.
Telephone marketing: We may call to update you on our research products and services. If you have registered your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) or Corporate Telephone Service Preference (CTPS), we will only make marketing calls to you if you have given us permission to do so.
nfpSynergy is committed to respecting your preference to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
Changing your preferences here.
Calling our office on 020 7426 888
Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
The length of time we hold your personal information for varies depending on the type of information and its use. nfpSynergy will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide the services and/or products that you have requested, or for such other essential purposes such as, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, investigating disciplinary matters and enforcing our agreements.
We may also retain the data in accordance with statutory requirements.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
The actual retention periods for different types of personal information that we hold can be found in our Data Retention Policy. If you have any questions about our Data Retention Policy, please contact us using the details provided below.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third-party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
nfpSynergy may be under duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
COMPLAINTS AND QUERIES
At nfpSynergy we do our best to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. Any correspondence should be sent to the address provided below.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in May 2018.
WEBSITE & COOKIES
- The Client Area (accessable by clients with a login)
- Google Analytics - this collects anonymous usage data that helps us monitor popular pages, traffic sources and other web stats
- Email newsletter tracking - it's important to us to record interest in our monthly email newsletter
- Remembering personal information you enter into forms, so that you won't have to fill it in twice
HOW TO CONTACT US
Michele Madden, nfpSynergy, 2-6 Tenter Ground, London E1 7NH
nfpSynergy conducts market research on behalf of our clients. These processes collect data for research purposes only and the information gathered is not used for marketing or sales. The details you provide are used for aggregated analysis – that is, responses are pooled with those of other survey participants and the majority are reported anonymously.
In some cases, we may ask for your explicit permission to share your personal data and responses with a third party in digital (data file), audio or some other format. You are under no obligation to agree to this.
What personal data do we collect in surveys and what do we do with it?
Your cooperation in any such study is voluntary and you may withdraw from participating at any time. Personal data will only be recorded if you consent to this. During the course of a survey we may ask you to provide information such as:
- Contact information that allows us to verify or validate any answers you provide, including for internal quality control procedures.
- Demographic or filmographic information about you or the organisation for which you work.
- Extended (open-ended) information that helps to provide context for your survey responses – for example, the nature of a complaint that has arisen while using our clients’ products or services.
- Information you provide in response to or in connection with a survey will be reported to our clients anonymously i.e. without identifying you individually, directly or indirectly.
We may send personal data collected from research surveys to third party organizations, but only when:
- We retain a third party to provide us with services, subject to that third party being able to comply with relevant legal requirements and obligations regarding the use of personal data.
- We need to respond to court orders or at the requests of law enforcement agencies.
- We have your express consent to share the information with a research client for a specified and limited purpose (e.g. to resolve a customer service problem).
- We need to share this information to provide you with information you have specifically requested.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to change how we use your information please get in touch with us at:
Address: Michele Madden, nfpSynergy, 2-6 Tenter Ground, London E1 7NH
Phone: 0207 426 8888 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org