Cian is Director of nfpSynergy Ireland and is responsible for our bespoke and syndicated research in Ireland.
Cian first joined nfpSynergy as an Intern in January 2011. He provided research support for both our tracking research, particularly CAM and ICEM, and bespoke projects. Following his internship, he worked at the British Red Cross, where his responsibilities included internal research projects, analysing supporter groups and assisting with evaluations in the fundraising division. The role also involved information gathering on external developments and sector trends, and managing the ethical screening process.
Cian returned to the nfpSynergy fold as a Researcher and became Head of Data Analysis, working across our syndicated and bespoke research to develop our quantitative research offering. In the past three years he has developed several audience segmentations for charity clients and helped their implementation across the organisations. He is the technical lead on our segmentation projects and other in-depth data analysis work, as well as leading our analysis of charity sector data. He is also responsible for internal and external statistics training and ensuring that our team is fully skilled in quantitative analysis.
Cian graduated with an MA in Social Development from Sussex University, and previously studied history and mathematics at University College Cork. He has worked for the Charities Advisory Trust and as a freelance writer, as well as volunteering with the Ocean Road Cancer Institute in Dar es Salaam.
- The recipe for attention-grabbing messages: TURF analysis
- Hold onto your own: Keeping your supporters engaged in an atmosphere of declining trust
- Fundraising around the world: learning from charity sectors in other countries
- Just my Archetype - how and why we typified the charity sector
- Polling with a pinch of salt: how much should we believe?
- Facing the Ire; how a scandal in Ireland shows the true importance of trust in charities